Monday 7 July 2014

Brother's 65th


Hi everyone. Well the weekend as been accident prone for both myself and my hubby! Saturday hubby fell backwards in the garden and just missed banging his head on the brick wall at the back. Got away with a grazed elbow. It could have been a lot lot worse than that and he was on his own.  I went flying on Sunday morning flat out and landed heavily on my left side (hubby says), my knees felt like they'd taken the brunt of the fall. My left one came up with a lump n next time I looked it had a massive lump. It felt like a bursa on top of the original lump. Lol anyhow can feel left hip as well as knee going up and downstairs. No bruising yet which is unusual for me I bruise dead easily, lol. Right back to the card I've done it for my number 2 brothers 65th birthday which is on Friday. Hope you like!

Items used 

7" x 7" white card  - Stash
1st matt - Crafters Companion Colour me stamping card coloured with distress inks
2nd matt - as above coloured with different distress inks 
Tag die from Little B cut out in Buff card from Papermill Direct (I love this card)
Coloured with same mix of distress inks as before
Image used - Inkylicious Birds on a Wire and white gel pen used to highlight (inspired by Rae Dalal) 
Ribbon from stash used through tag
Other stamps used - Visible Image 'Winter Tree' and 'Grunge Flourish'  and Clarity 'Small Birds in Flight
'Name' die - Die'sire from Crafters Companion
'Age' die- Memory box 
Peel off used

Thank you so much for visiting and looking at my work
It's very much appreciated 

With love
Pat x

20 comments:

  1. A fabulous birthday card, sorry to hear about the accidents! Hope you have both recovered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Jane for your comment. I think we'll live, lol xxx

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Pat, love the design and the tag looks stunning.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Linda I was very pleased with how it turned out xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Pat and that ll be a double whoops then hun - hope you re both not too bruised - fabulous tag hun great job hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had more bruises than this lol, we'll live.. Thank you Judith for your lovely comments :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Fab card. Sorry about the accidents. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lea. All I did was start to turn round and next thing I'm flying across the room, lol :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Fabulous design, colour and detail. Hope the rest of the week is accident free.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Laine. It's big shopping week this week so hope it's going to b accident free, lol :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Love this card - fabulous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this is lovely Pat! The colours are super and I love the little swallows and their white chests! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Wendy you're so kind. Think I put too much white on tbh, lol xxx

      Delete
  8. Oh, poor you, Pat, sounds like you've both been in the wars.....hope your aches & pains soon feel much better. I love this little card, great stamps & colours. I have the bird stamp, and others you've used...they're some of my favourites xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara. Those falls were in July and not the last one for me sadly. I fell at the end of November this time falling heavily on my right side. I ended up with a black eye which could have been worse as I wear glasses. Plus my right knee was badly hurt and my left knee got another knock. I'd fallen onto small stones that edge the paving we have outside the front door. Luckily I missed the small wall, that surrounds the garden, by a few cms with my head. I am so glad 2014 is well and truly over lol. Xxx

      Delete
  9. Oh no Pat so pleased you both came out ok now that I have a bit more me time popping by to say hi fabulous card hun crafty blessings Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thank you Judith for calling again and commenting it's really lovely of you 😀 xxx

    ReplyDelete